This is a delicious simple recovery meal – adding cooked buckwheat noodles provides carbohydrate to refuel the body quickly. Turmeric is one of the best anti-inflammatory spices and when combined with ginger and garlic makes this a powerful anti-inflammatory dish to aid injury and repair following exercise.
Preparation time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 23 minutes
8 chicken thighs boneless and skinless, 500g
1tbsp coconut oil
150g mushrooms sliced
150g green beans, trimmed
1⁄2 red pepper thinly sliced
Large handful of spinach, shredded bok choy or kale chopped fresh coriander leaves
2 lemongrass stalks
Handful of coriander chopped
1 small onion
3 garlic cloves
A little fresh root ginger
2tbsp xylitol or coconut sugar
2tsp curry powder
Salt and pepper
2tbsp fish sauce
1⁄2 can / 200ml full fat coconut milk
To serve: 200g buckwheat noodles or egg noodles
1. Finely chop the lemon grass and place in a blender with the remaining marinade ingredients. Blend to form a puree
2. Place the chicken in a container and pour over the marinade. Ideally allow to marinate overnight in the fridge or at least 1-2 hours.
3. Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Drain the chicken reserving the marinade and add the chicken to the pan. Brown lightly on each side for 5 minutes.
4. Add the mushrooms and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Pour the marinade into the pan and add the green beans.
5. Cover and simmer gently for 10- 15 minutes until cooked. Add the spinach and wilt for a minute. Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions. Drain then toss into the chicken.
6. Serve topped with chopped coriander leaves
Nutrition per serving 397kcal, Fat 5.2g saturates 2.7g, Carbohydrates 45.5g, sugars 5.7g, Protein 39.3g, Fibre 5.3g, Salt 1g